I assume the shape of this will arise, too, with more practice and the actuality of putting it out there. The intention is to share my story, thoughts, dilemmas, joys (yeah, a kind of online journal), etc. in encouraging others to open as well.
I seem to have all of these pieces floating about and am looking for a way to tie them together and something (greater than myself) tells me this blog could be a way. I am in a very transitional place:
– trying to be faithful in producing and publishing inspired
words and images as books
– trying not to worry about “regular” work and doing what I am
– reclaiming myself from constant motherdom as my daughters gain
more independence; figuring out what that means and what to
“do” with it
I also think this time of year, a quieter time for reflecting, also seems like transition; when I can re-create myself for the coming year. Something deeper and more meaningful to me than New Year’s Resolutions. In that vein, I looked over my journal entries for the past year because I so easily tend to forget where I am and have been and it was ... hum ... what are the right words? ... gratitude inspiring. The highs and lows, the grumblings and thankfulness, the disappointments and promises. So, I think I’ll reflect on:
• Where has the path of the last year taken me?
• For what should I be grateful?
• What lessons have I learned?
• Where is the current fork leading?
• What is my prayer for the coming year?
That seems like plenty.
May the solitude of the quiet snow fill the places in your heart and body that are too noisy. Let those meandering flakes melt into those places, spreading peace and love.
www.turtleboxstories.com is a place I have created for gathering and sharing the deepest stories of our hearts; please visit and/or share if you’re so inclined